Floor drains are especially used in bathrooms. A floor drain is needed next to the washing machine placed in the bathroom. Floor drains are needed around showers or bathtubs. They control the smell in the bathroom. If the floor drains are good, the air quality will be better.
Bathroom floor drain installation
1. The floor drain should be equipped in advance according to the diameter of the sewer pipe
Before you buy a floor drain, you must know the diameter of the drain pipe. Nowadays, it is usually 50 PVC pipes, and the cast iron pipes are larger. The diameter of the selected floor drain should match the diameter of the PVC pipe. Generally, the reserved holes for drainage are relatively large when the house is handed over. It needs to be repaired during the decoration. The drain should be made according to the size of the floor drain. Do not trim the drain first, and then choose Purchase a floor drain.
2. Where to install the floor drain
When installing the floor drain, it should be installed as low as possible. The location of the floor drain should be determined first. The floor tiles should be sloped toward the floor drain. It is best to lay the tiles at the floor drain position. The floor drain should be installed in the middle of a brick, and the diagonal line should be opened. So, it’s best to drain water this way. If the floor drain happens to be between two bricks, just install it like this.
3. Connection of floor drain and drain
Generally, the drain port of the floor drain can be inserted into the drain pipe. Look at the appearance of the four-proof floor drain inserted into the drain pipe. Since this floor drain needs to be equipped with a water seal core, it cannot be made too thin. If you add another circle inside, the water seal core must be made a little thinner, so it is made like this, with only a small circle stuck on the drain pipe. Does not affect the installation.
Precautions for installation of bathroom floor drain
1. The floor drain core must be removed before the floor drain is installed, so as to prevent debris from falling into the floor drain core and causing damage;
2. The purpose of installing the floor drain is to drain, so the location of the floor drain should be slightly lower than the ground to facilitate drainage. Before the floor drain is installed, if the drain pipe is too close to the ground, the drain pipe should be cut short, so as to ensure that the installed floor drain panel is slightly lower than the ground.
3. In order to ensure that the overall decoration effect is not destroyed, the floor drain cannot be installed too much below the ground. Therefore, if the drain pipe is too far from the ground, it should be filled with cement mortar, so that the purpose of heightening the drain pipe can be achieved. After installation, the most perfect decorative effect can be guaranteed.
4. When installing the floor drain, in order to prevent tools and other items from falling into the drain pipe and causing blockage, the drain pipe should be blocked with cloth or other soft objects in advance, and the floor drain core should be taken out only when it is installed.
5. The installation of the floor drain should take into account the convenience of future maintenance. Therefore, when filling the cement mortar, the floor drain cannot be used directly. Instead, use kraft paper or other strong materials to roll into a cylinder that matches the drain pipe, and connect it with the drain pipe. It is raised above the ground and then filled with cement mortar.
6. The floor drain is connected to the sewer pipe and is higher than the ground. Fill the mixed cement mortar (1:1) into the surrounding space, adjust the height of the floor drain panel to a suitable position, and after the cement mortar has solidified, put the floor drain into In the formed pipe, it is closely attached to the pipe wall.
7. If it is a floor drain used by a washing machine, you can purchase a dedicated washing machine floor drain or connector. Of course, you can also directly use an ordinary floor drain. You only need to insert the drain pipe sleeve on the fixing pin on the upper part of the floor drain. It is just practical. And convenience is not as good as the first two.